Soups have always been that type of food that fills you up quickly and doesn’t contain too many calories. I thought that would be a good practice to include soups in my daily meal plan. I would say Borscht soup will always remain my favorite soup, but recently got hooked on pureed soups which are very tasty as well.
I want to share a recipe for a Cauliflower Soup Puree which is among the easiest and quickest to make.
Servings – 4
1 chopped onion
3 chopped cloves of garlic
3 cups of broth
1 chopped head of cauliflower
2 tbsp of butter
0.5 cup of white wine (I used Chardonnay)
1 sliced into very thin pieces potato
Prep time – 5 min, Cooking Time – 30 min
– Melt butter in a wok, and sauté onions, garlic and cauliflower for a few minutes over medium heat;
– Pour in wine and cook for another 2 minutes stirring;
– Add potato and broth, let it boil, turn the heat to low and cook it for 20 minutes;
– Taste the potato, it should be quite soft.
– Blend it together and the soup is ready!
Hope you like it.
You can sauté some cauliflower florets, add some spices to taste and throw them in your soup for some extra cuteness!