Why Whole Food Plant-Based Diet?

whole food plant based diet

You can hear so many new diets emerging from every corner. Keto, Paleo, Hormone regulating, Anti-Inflammation, Gluten – free (this is probably my “favorite”). And everyone and their grandma is losing weight to fit into that pretty dress for Christmas.

You know the problem with most of fad diets? The are not sustainable. You can’t eat high fat foods for the rest of your life and expect being healthy, slim and sexy. In fact long term dieting like this can cause serious health issues, so really, if you do want to try a new diet, always consult with your physician!

What is a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet?

I actually don’t like calling it a diet because when you are on a diet you are counting calories, limiting yourself and it’s not a healthy mindset all together.

I like to call it a Plant-Based Lifestyle.

When you switch to Plant Based, you look at it like this. You only/or mostly eat whole foods in their natural form. All your fruit, berries and vegetables (not the precut ones as they lose their nutrients quickly, legumes, nuts and seeds, whole grains, herbs and spices. And there is so much to choose from!

Did you know that Whole Food Plant Based “Diet” can not only prevent but also reverse heart disease – the number 1 killer on the planet, according to Dean Ornish, MD, Caldwell Esselstyn Jr., MD

There was also a study in 2014 performed on almost 200 people that followed a whole food plant based diet (meaning nothing processed) which resulted in most people reporting reduction in their symptoms and 22% had the disease reversal confirmed by the tests.

Another thing that I’d like to mention is that you follow the Whole Food Plant Based lifestyle, not just Plant Based or Vegan. You’ve gotta remember that Vegan doesn’t necessarily mean healthy. You can eat chips and crackers and sip some coke or fruit juice 24/7 and I’m sure you understand that it won’t do you any good. You should really go for a Healthy Whole-Food Plant Based lifestyle, which means:

  • Eating Foods in their natural form
  • Avoiding anything processed (oils, packaged food, precut vegetables)
  • If you can’t go full on, try using the Pareto Principle of 80/20 when you eat Whole Food Plant Based 80% of the time and eat whatever you want during the remaining 20%. This is what Flexitarians do 😀

Also remember, Whole Food Plant Based means that you avoid or limit animal products, processed foods, oils, so you can start this journey where you are now and take it one step at a time. Just remember, your body is your temple and you want to feed it with love and respect <3

What’s the first step on your Whole Food Plant Based Journey

Option #1

  1. Download the grocery list
  2. Put together your meal plan for the week
  3. Reap the benefits

Option #2

  1. Sign up for a Free Heal Your Body 7 Day Challenge
  2. Do it with your tribe of women that are on the same journey
  3. Join the FB group for tips, tricks and support

Option #3

  1. Sign up for the Healthy Cooking Webinar that teaches you about the Whole Food Plant-Based Lifestyle
  2. Learn and use the templates from the webinar to make your cooking and meal prep easy and effortlessly

Enjoy this journey, guys, cuz Whole Food Plant-Based is a journey, a lifestyle, not a diet.