I don’t know if you can relate, but I have my favorite set of meals and I normally eat them day after day.
At times, though, I get tired of buckwheat and green salad and want to experiment and try new dishes. Thankfully, vegetarian diet is filled with the options! Anything from super healthy to not so healthy for a cheat day, of course 🙂
Today I’ll show you a super easy and quick recipe for vegetable fritters.
I found it in a magazine, but it included some fish, which I don’t eat, and haloumi cheese, that I didn’t have, so I modified it to what I had and could eat.
It is sort of healthy. I say “sort of” because I’m going to fry them in a bit of oil, but I’m sure you can try and bake them for a healthier option.
1 Tbsp crushed garlic
1/3 a cup goats cheese
1/3 a cup cheddar cheese
1/3 a cup flour
Olive or Coconut oil for frying
A bit of feta cheese
A few slices of goats cheese
A few slices of cheddar cheese
seasoning to taste
- Grate and combine beets and carrots
- Add grated cheese
- Add garlic
- Beat the eggs and mix it in
- Add flour
- Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning. I normally use green herbs or something similar, because I live the taste and smell of parsley and dill
- Mix it well
- Heat a bit of olive or coconut oil in a pan
- Add a spoonful of the mixture and fry until slightly brown
- Turn the fritters over
- When ready, place a fritter on plate, top with a slice of goats cheese, another fritter, a slice of cheddar cheese, then another fritter and top it all with feta crumbles.
- Enjoy your vegetable delight 🙂