Often times we compare ourselves to others, we want to be like someone else, want to be better than that neighbor girl, when we should in fact work on ourselves and become better than we were yesterday. I think life is a journey to a better self, so why don’t we do these simple practices do change ourselves and become better.
The Guide to Lead you to a Better You:
1. Choose a difficult book that you wanted to read for ages but have never gotten to, and read it, cover to cover, during these 30 days. If you have a trouble finding a good book, check out this list of 30 books everyone must read.
2. Learn something new every day. The name of a flower, the capital of a country, the name of the breed of dog that you like, the name of the tree outside of your house, a new word from a dictionary, etc. Here is a list of websites that can help. This Go through everything you learnt that day before you go to bed.
3. Write down 5 to 10 things that you are grateful for every day.
4. Stop complaining for the next 30 days. Negative thoughts lead to negative results. Stop yourself every time you want to complain.
5. During next 30 days write down everything that comes to mind when you wake up. It’s called “morning pages”, and if you want to learn a bit more about the technique, check out this site
6. Spend at least 1 hour a day looking for an additional source of income.
7. Exercise regularly, get that sexy body you always wanted! For the start, check this routine to burn calories.
8. These coming 30 days try to focus on the thoughts, words and images of who you want to be and what you want to achieve. Visualize the life you want to live, the person you want to become.
9. Take a 20 minute slow walk every day, focus on the now, don’t rush, don’t think about anything, just be in the moment.
10. Make at least one person smile each day.
11. Help at least one person each day.
Do these simple practices and see your life change.
Good luck on the path to a better you!