Do you like vegetarian soups? They are so good for you and pretty easy to make.
When I was growing up I never liked eating soups because of the pieces of meat parking on the side of my bowl.
Not until I started experimenting with recipes and switching to all vegetarian diet, did I start to appreciate the taste and the benefits of soups.
At first I started making my mom’s soups recipes vegetarian replacing the meat and the meat stock with vegetable stock. Then I tried pureed soups like this one and now I have a huge list of meat-free recipes.
I love this Broccoli Soup recipe because it’s very quick and filled with nutrients. It’s also full of flavor, so I’m sure you will add this soup into your top favorite recipes as well.
You can make a super healthy weight loss type or a bit more fatty but more flavorsome one. It’s up to you to decide.
So here is the less healthy but more tasty recipe.
Creamy Broccoli Soup
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Head of Broccoli
2 Cups of Vegetable Stock
1/2 of Medium Onion
3 Cloves of garlic
1/2 a Cup of Cream
- Saute chopped onion in butter in a deep pan until caramelized on medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic to the onion. Stir it for a minute.
- Through in broccoli cut in florets and saute it for a minute.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and blend it until smooth.
- Pour it back into the pan, add cream and stir it for a minute.
- Take it off the heat.
This recipe requires minimum ingredients and time.
You can add some croutons for some extra flavor.
Hope you like it! Let me know what you think of this recipe.